Open-source, self-hosted project planning tool
Meet Plane. An open-source software development tool to manage issues, sprints, and product roadmaps with peace of mind
Plane is still in its early days, not everything will be perfect yet, and hiccups may happen. Please let us know of any suggestions, ideas, or bugs that you encounter on our Discord or GitHub issues, and we will use your feedback to improve on our upcoming releases.
The easiest way to get started with Plane is by creating a Plane Cloud account. Plane Cloud offers a hosted solution for Plane. If you prefer to self-host Plane, please refer to our deployment documentation.
⚡️ Quick start with Docker Compose
Docker Compose Setup
- Download the docker-compose.yml and setup.sh file
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/makeplane/plane/develop/docker-compose-hub.yml --output docker-compose.yml curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/makeplane/plane/develop/setup.sh --output setup.sh chmod +x setup.sh
- Run setup.sh
If running in a cloud env replace localhost with public facing IP address of the VM
- Export Environment Variables
set -a source .env set +a
- Run Docker compose up
You can use the default email and password for your first login
- Issue Planning and Tracking: Quickly create issues and add details using a powerful rich text editor that supports file uploads. Add sub-properties and references to issues for better organization and tracking.
- Issue Attachments: Collaborate effectively by attaching files to issues, making it easy for your team to find and share important project-related documents.
- Layouts: Customize your project view with your preferred layout – choose from List, Kanban, or Calendar to visualize your project in a way that makes sense to you.
- Cycles: Plan sprints with Cycles to keep your team on track and productive. Gain insights into your project’s progress with burn-down charts and other useful features.
- Modules: Break down your large projects into smaller, more manageable modules. Assign modules between teams to easily track and plan your project’s progress.
- Views: Create custom filters to display only the issues that matter to you. Save and share your filters in just a few clicks.
- Pages: Plane pages function as an AI-powered notepad, allowing you to easily document issues, cycle plans, and module details, and then synchronize them with your issues.
- Command K: Enjoy a better user experience with the new Command + K menu. Easily manage and navigate through your projects from one convenient location.
- GitHub Sync: Streamline your planning process by syncing your GitHub issues with Plane. Keep all your issues in one place for better tracking and collaboration.
For full documentation, visit docs.plane.so
To see how to Contribute, visit here.
The Plane community can be found on GitHub Discussions, where you can ask questions, voice ideas, and share your projects.
To chat with other community members you can join the Plane Discord.
Our Code of Conduct applies to all Plane community channels.
If you believe you have found a security vulnerability in Plane, we encourage you to responsibly disclose this and not open a public issue. We will investigate all legitimate reports. Email email@example.com to disclose any security vulnerabilities.