Interactive demo platform
$100K – $160K CAD / 0.10% – 1.00%
Toronto, ON, Canada / Remote (Toronto, ON, Canada)
About the role
Lancey is on a mission to revolutionize the way software companies bring their products to market with a customer-centric approach. Our cutting-edge platform empowers businesses to create and launch interactive product demos in a matter of minutes, and so much more.
Having debuted during Y Combinator’s S22 cohort, Lancey hit the ground running with revenue generated in its very first week. We’re not just another tech startup – we’re trailblazing a path to transform how modern software companies engage with their customers.
About our engineering team
Our engineering team works on complex problems with complete autonomy over the development process. We value iteration, learning, and quick improvement to ensure we’re always delivering customer value. Our main focus is building products that customers truly want.
We tackle challenging and exciting problems on a regular basis due to the nature of our product. If you’re passionate about designing a highly scalable product from the ground up that can support a wide range of features, we’d love to have a conversation with you.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have an immense impact on Lancey as we continue to grow our company and technology. Your goal will be to create valuable interactions for customers, improve the quality and execution of our development teams, and help us solve new and exciting technical challenges across all of Engineering.
In this role, you will:
- Create new full-stack solutions from conception to production.
- Assist in team decision-making regarding the problems to be tackled.
- Share accountability with the team for the quality and resilience of the maintained services.
- Help build the team alongside the founders.
Who you are:
- You have over 4 years of experience in a software engineering role, working with some of the following technologies: Typescript, React, NodeJS, Kafka, Clickhouse, Mongo, and Python.
- You have a healthy tolerance for balancing Doing Things Right with iterating and shipping quickly.
- You are skilled in object-oriented programming.
- You handle ambiguity, multitask well, and are motivated to lead projects and deliver quality solutions.
- You can reflect on design choices and trade-offs you have made.
Good to have:
- You have some experience with large-scale data analytics and are familiar with data science tools.
- You are curious about how systems operate and fail at scale.
- You think freely and independently, and you are willing to share your ideas.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote first
- Development opportunities and shaping the engineering function from the early stage
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
At Lancey, we acknowledge that unchecked biases can have a more significant impact on the most marginalized individuals in society, such as BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly urge individuals from these communities and other marginalized groups to apply because we believe that progress cannot be achieved without their contributions. We do not believe in tokenism but rather strive for genuine representation.
Each person possesses their distinct talents. Even if you do not fulfill all the qualifications mentioned above, please explain in your application how you would excel in this position and be a suitable match.
About the interview
Our goal is to make this as simple and enjoyable for you as possible, while respecting your time.
- Intro call: a 30 min chat with our CEO about the position, your background, your motivation and all the initial questions you might have.
- Take-home assignment: Async programming assignment, solving the typical kinds of problems we’re solving in our real codebase.
- Technical interview: Meet the engineering team who will evaluate your skills needed to be successful in your role.
- Final round (with leadership team): Learn a bit more about your long term goals!
Lancey is a growing digital first company helping customers close more deals with interactive product demos. We are building the workplace of the future to build the software buying experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we’ll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by the biggest venture fund in the world, YCombinator. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.